Let’s look at the Chrome Browser:
Deleting all cookies when closing the browser is achieved as follows:
- Click on the Chrome Settings “menu” button at the top righthand corner of the Chrome browser.
- Left-click on the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the link that says “Show advanced settings” and click on it.
- Click on the “Content settings” button.
- Click on the circle next to the second option (“keep local data only until you quit your browser”).
- Put a tick in the box next to “Block third party cookies and site data”.
- Remember to click on the “Finished” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Instead of clicking on the “Finished” button after ticking the option that says “Block third party cookies and site data”, click instead on the button that says “Manage exceptions”.
- Click in the rectangle with the greyed text that refers to sample.co.uk and type in the name of the website whose cookies you wish to keep.
- Add as many of these as you wish and then click on the “Finished” button.
Other browsers have similar capabilities for handling cookies.